What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is the combination of strength training, explosive plyometrics, speed training, Olympic Weightlifting and endurance exercise. What makes us unique from the rest of the gyms in town? It is the atmosphere, the community that our gym and clients create. You will never be alone; in our gym the person completing the work of the day last gets the loudest cheers and praise!
CrossFit RUK expertly designed workouts of the day (WODs) provide challenging programming geared towards increased strength, endurance and functional abilities in your daily activities. Whether you are an elite athlete looking to improve your game or wanting to live life to the fullest, CrossFit RUK can help you reach your goals.
Our classes meet Monday-Wednesday, Friday & Saturday (check out our schedule for class times).
Benefits of CrossFit
The benefits of CrossFit are many but are centered around increasing functional movements through increased strength, agility, endurance and power.
- Strength: Strength is the foundation of a strong body. CrossFit is centered around the fundamentals of Olympic Weightlifting which is known for developing explosive power, speed and athleticism.
- Agility: Quality of life is centered on the ability to move freely. Whether you’re picking up your toddler or playing fetch with the dog, agility is key to an active lifestyle.
- Endurance: Endurance isn’t just for marathon runners! CrossFit workouts are quick, intense bursts of cardio increasing endurance and stamina so you can do more of what you enjoy.
- Power: The fundamental movements of CrossFit promote the development of explosive power. Muscle-ups, box jumps, Olympic Weightlifting, pull-ups, and double-udders are just some of the movements that translate into raw power. Not sure what these movements are? Try a free class as we’d love to show you!
- Weight Loss: CrossFit workouts consist of high intensity intervals that take your muscles and endurance to the limit. As your body recovers and strengthens after the workout, you’ll continue to burn calories as your body recovers. Weight loss is simple. Energy in must be less than energy out. Combine the workouts at CrossFit Wild Prairie with simple changes in your diet and the pounds will melt away.